Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
jokergreen0220 Offline

erfahrene Swinger

21.09.2019 08:01
TORONTO – Randy Carlyle really doesnt see what all the fuss is about as it pertains to the looming intrigue of the Toronto creas Antworten

TORONTO – Randy Carlyle really doesnt see what all the fuss is about as it pertains to the looming intrigue of the Toronto crease. Fake Shoes Canada 2020 . "We added the goaltender based upon adding strength to the position," said Carlyle of the Jonathan Bernier acquisition this past summer. "I dont know how I can put it any plainer, any simpler." According to the Leafs head coach, the decision to add Bernier from Los Angeles was not an indictment on James Reimer, who delivered a year of rare stability for Toronto goaltending in 2013, but an opportunity to pounce on a rising stock and thereby solidify the position beyond the 25-year-old incumbent. "Its adding strength to a position thats very critical in the NHL," Carlyle explained from the teams annual charity golf tournament in Milton, Ontario. "You show me an NHL hockey club that made it anywhere in the playoffs or even qualified for the playoffs without A-quality goaltending. And thats what were going to ask of both our goalies." Reimer guided the Leafs to their first playoff berth in nine years with "A-quality goaltending", posting a sparkling .924 save percentage in 2013, amongst the best at the position in the lockout-shortened regular season. His performance, however impressive, was not enough though to squash lingering doubts about his viability as an NHL number one – despite assertions from the organization stating the contrary – his starting status immediately thrust into question with the addition of Bernier. Leafs general manager Dave Nonis made it poignantly clear in the immediate aftermath of the trade, which sent Ben Scrivens and Matt Frattin to the Kings, that Reimer and Bernier would battle for playing time. "I like to think that I was the guy that was here," said Reimer on Tuesday morning, ever diplomatic, "and so obviously thats a position I want to keep." Itching for an opening in California, Bernier found himself stuck hopelessly behind Jonathan Quick, an opportunity set to present itself with the impending competition in Toronto. While he owns a limited track record – just 62 career games to 104 for Reimer – the organization believes that he has the tools to become a viable NHL starter, potential hes hinted at in the past, most recently in 2013 when the Quebec native strung together a 1.88 goals against average and .922 save percentage in 14 games. "Were confident that we have two very, very capable goaltenders," said Dave Poulin, the Leafs VP of hockey operations, noting the viability of a tandem approach and benefits of internal competition. Ultimately, the Leafs just need continued stability in goal, be it from Reimer, Bernier or both. Carlyle believes performance will sort out the matter. "Because theres two of them, that creates a problem – both cant play at once," Carlyle concluded of the two competing netminders. "Our motto is going to go along the lines – and you always state this at the beginning of the season and sometimes it changes and there are factors that do take place over the course of the season that force you to change – but if you win, youre in. And thats pretty simple." Wholesale Shoes Canada . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns. Shoes Canada Nike . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. https://www.shoescanadaonline.com/ . Left back Layvin Kurzawa put Monaco ahead in the 36th minute with a low shot after being set up by midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia, sweeping the ball in after running onto Kondogbias cross from the left.DUNEDIN, Fla. -- John Gibbons asked for strike-throwers and Drew Hutchison obliged Friday. The 23-year-old right-hander, continuing to make a strong case to become Torontos fourth starter, threw 4 2/3 strong innings in the Blue Jays 3-1 exhibition loss to the Boston Red Sox. Hutchison, who was tagged with the loss, gave up one run on four hits with seven strikeouts and no walks. He retired the first eight Red Sox he faced and threw 71 pitches with 51 strikes. "An outstanding outing," said Jays catcher Dioner Navarro. "A great performance," echoed Gibbons, who nevertheless was coy on what might lie ahead for Hutchison. Pressed by reporters, Gibbons allowed: "Hes doing everything he needs to do." Hutchison returned from Tommy John surgery last fall, pitching in the Arizona Fall League. He seems on top of his game this spring. Hutchison showed his mettle in the fourth inning Friday, striking out Mike Napoli to end the inning after a lengthy at-bat that saw the Red Sox hitter foul off a number of pitches. The Jays pitcher hit 95 miles per hour during the confrontation. "Hes got more than I thought he did," said Gibbons. "And he can pop it up pretty good -- with command. Which makes the guys that are really good really good." This spring Hutchison has given up three runs and seven hits in 9 2/3 innings while striking out 16 and walking one. Opposing batters are hitting just .200 against him. Hutchison made 11 starts for the Jays in 2012 (going 5-3 with a 4.60 ERA) before injuring his arm while warming up in the bullpen for a game against the Philadelphia Phillies. Throwing strikes is his modus operandi. "Thats what he does. He was good when he was here the first time before he got hurt," said Gibbons. "Thats how he pitches. The key is just being healthy." The same can be said for J.A. Happ, another would-be starter who returned Friday from an ailing back. The six-foot-six left-hander pronounced himself happy with a three-inning performance in a minor-league game. He gave up one hit, walked one and struck out two. "It was good. Exciting," said Happ. "I felt normal out there which is really nice." Said Gibbons: "I heard he pitched really well." A gaggle of pitchers is trying to join R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Brandon Morrow in the Jays rotation. Barring a trade, Nos. 4 and 5 will come from Hutchison, Happ, Ricky Romero, Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond, Kyle Drabek, Marcus Stroman and Sean Nolin. Of the three main contenders, Hutchison appears to have pitched his way into the rotation. Romero is turning heads with his improved performance this spring. But Happ has had an uneasy pre-season. In two starts, he has given up six runs in just 1 1/3 innings. The back issue has further muddied the wateers. Shoes Canada From China. Gibbons, who had yet to speak to Happ following the minor-league outing, said the major issue was making sure Happs back was healthy. Happ, in speaking to reporters, said the back was fine. The lines of communication within the Jays on Happ seem a little blurry in general. The pitcher seemed unhappy with GM Alex Anthopoulos answer late last week on whether there were one or two spots open in the starting rotation. "There could be two," Anthopoulos said at the time." I think were going to take the best team north. Especially right now, we have J.A. (Happ) and the back, the performance, things like that, we have to get him on track, stay healthy. "Obviously R.A., Mark and Brandon. Again, we expect J.A. to be in the rotation but at the same time the backs flared up on him twice. I just dont know. Look, if guys perform well and they force our hand, well take the best team." Asked on Friday if he had something to prove in the wake of those words, Happ replied: "I dont have any comment on that. My comment is no comment. "That was probably disappointing to hear but theres nothing I want to say about it." Happ has campaigned to be a starter since arriving here via trade and the issue appears to have left a chip on his shoulder. Last spring he found himself on the outside of the rotation looking in, until Romero pitched his way out of it. Happ eventually went 5-7 with a 4.56 ERA in 18 starts last year in a season disrupted by a nasty setback. Hit in the head by a ball off the bat of Desmond Jennings in a May game with the Tampa Bay Rays, he was out for three months with a skull fracture and a sprained right knee from when he toppled to the ground. While the Red Sox didnt bring all of their starters Friday, their lineup did included Mike Carp, Napoli and Jonny Gomes in the meat of the order. Boston finally got to Hutchison in the fifth. Gomes singled and came home on Corey Browns double to deep centre. The relay throw by Ryan Goins was a little high, allowing Gomes to score. The Red Sox added two more in the eighth before Jonathan Diaz scored on a Kevin Pillar double in the bottom of the inning to cut the lead to 3-1. Boston starter Clay Buchholz was also impressive, holding the Jays scoreless on two hits in four innings. After giving up two singles to open the first inning, he retired 11 straight for the win. The 29-year-old right-hander went 9-0 with a 1.71 earned-run average ERA in his first 12 starts last season before going on the disabled list for more than three months with shoulder and neck problems. He returned in September, finishing with a 12-1 mark and 1.74 ERA. The loss was the third straight for Toronto, which slipped to 6-9. Boston improved to 7-8. The game drew a sellout of 5,519 on a sunny 20 C day at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz